Access to Main Content

Visiting Scholars


  1. Not affiliated with any institution currently partnered with the University through a signed academic collaborative agreement.
  2. Purpose of the visit is for academic collaboration and research.
  3. Must currently be a full-time faculty, personnel, or researcher of an overseas university or academic institution


Application process:

  1. Please first contact the unit you would like to visit or send your CV, research, and proof of employment to the Office of International Affairs to be matched with the relevant academic unit.
  2. Confirm the dates of visit with the related unit and fill out the application form for overseas scholars.
  3. Once confirmed, one faculty member from the unit must be appointed as the host.
  4. The unit responsible sends an official letter of invitation.
  5. Mainland Chinese citizens are assisted in applying for a Taiwan Entry Permit.
  6. Visiting Scholars Handbook, information for accommodations, and scholar identification card are made available by the Office of International Affairs.
  7. A staff member from the hosting unit serves as the liaison, providing academic and administrative assistance as well as visa application support.

Fee rate:

Duration of visit

Amount (NTD)

1-14 days


15-30 days


31-90 days


91-180 days


181 days - 1 year


  • The service fee should be paid in one lump sum and is non-refundable.
  • In principle, the duration of visits are up to one year; honorarium for time exceeding one year will be calculated separately according to the above.

Bank information

National Taiwan Normal University 401 Fund (Account in NTD)

Account Name: National Taiwan Normal University 401 Fund

Account Number: 185350001030

Bank: CTBC Bank Jhongsiao Branch

Address: 1F., No.71, Sec. 4, Jhongsiao E. Rd., Da’an District, Taipei City 106, Taiwan



  1. NTNU Scholar identification card
  2. Library: book loan, digital access
  3. Access to other on-campus facilities: Gym, swimming pool


    School housing may be available at a discounted rate. Rates are set by the Property Management Division within the Office of General Affairs.

Application forms (download)